With the aim of enhancing the passenger travel experience at Singapore Changi Airport, Changi Airport Group (CAG) has launched the new iChangi HD application for the iPad.
Designed to make travelling through Changi Airport a breeze, the iChangi HD app lets passengers make the best use of their time at the airport with information easily available at their finger tips. The iChangi HD app provides real-time access to flight details, terminal maps and information about Changi’s retail outlets and F&B eateries. And for the very first time, the application also comes with 360-degree visuals of popular facilities and attractions at Changi Airport.
An updated and improved version of Changi Airport’s iChangi application for smartphones, the new iChangi HD app leverages the iPad’s wider screen size and offers improved visual quality and enhanced functionality for users. A video guide of the app’s features can be viewed at http://youtu.be/Qy57h5ifK04.
Mr Steve Lee, Chief Information Officer, Changi Airport Group, said: “We have designed the iChangi HD app to meet the needs of a technologically-savvy audience with sophisticated needs. Changi’s airport maps, an important feature commonly used by passengers, have been enhanced on this app to provide more detail that is easy-on-the-eye. Real-time flight data displayed in various easy-to-use formats is also a new feature and with push notification functionality, passengers are kept up-to-date with the latest flight information. Besides passengers, airport visitors will find the app useful too, with more detailed information about travel deals and retail and dining promotions.”
“With the enhanced features of this app, we aim to provide passengers with the best airport experience, one that is personalised, stress-free and positively surprising. Innovative offerings such as the iChangi HD app augment the Changi Experience, which is already well-served by the range of first-class airport facilities and amenities for our passengers and airport visitors,” added Mr Lee.
Passengers travelling through Changi can enjoy various offerings at the airport including five thematic gardens, movie theatres, roof-top swimming pool, free Wi-Fi and Internet kiosks, and a large variety of retail outlets and eateries, all aimed at appealing to people of all ages. To further boost service quality, CAG introduced roving customer service officers, armed with iPads, in the airport last year. Known as Changi Experience Agents, they are deployed airport-wide to assist passengers on a myriad of requests ranging from special needs to locating missing luggage.
The iChangi HD app is the latest technological update for consumers travelling through Changi Airport, and is available for free download at the Apple iTunes store. See Annex A for key highlights of the app.
The original iChangi app for smartphones was launched in September 2010 and has been hugely popular with Changi’s passengers and visitors. Often named one of the must-have apps in Singapore, the app has been downloaded close to a million times, with an average of more than a million uses each month.
ANNEX: Key highlights of the iChangi HD application
- Flight Check: Provides real time flight details - including scheduled and estimated time of departure and arrivals, gate numbers, check-in rows, and even the nearest available retail and F&B outlets. If there are any changes to flight details, users will be updated with push notifications in real-time via the application.
- Terminal Maps: Serves as the perfect tool for those looking for specific destinations across all three terminals. Also comes with a function allowing a search for specific amenities, attractions, shops and dining options.
- Attractions: Provides a sneak peek of key attractions at Changi Airport. 360-degree views of the Aviation Gallery, five themed gardens, the 24-hour Entertainment Deck, rooftop swimming pool and even the rooms at the Transit Hotels.
- Airport Information: Shares basic information about Changi Airport, including transportation options to/from the airport to the city and Customs information.
- Travel Deals: Features ex-Singapore travel offers from participating airlines.
- Shop & Dine: Allows users to locate a specific outlet, category of products, or cuisine. This directory also provides directions via the map function.
About Changi Airport Group
Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd (CAG) (www.changiairportgroup.com) was formed on 16 June 2009 and the corporatisation of Singapore Changi Airport followed on 1 July 2009. As the company managing Changi Airport, CAG undertakes key functions focusing on airport operations and management, air hub development, commercial activities and airport emergency services. Through its subsidiary Changi Airports International, the Group invests in and manages foreign airports to spread the success of Changi Airport internationally.
Changi Airport (www.changiairport.com) is the world’s most awarded airport having garnered more than 400 accolades since it opened in 1981. To serve passengers and visitors from the world over, there are 330 retail stores and 120 F&B outlets across the airport's three terminals. Changi handled more than 46 million passenger movements in 2011, an annual record. Today, it serves some 100 airlines flying to over 220 cities in about 60 countries and territories worldwide. A flight takes off or lands at Changi roughly once every 100 seconds.